Monday, October 22, 2007

Welcome

So I'm at it again. Well, blogging that is. But this time I have a theme! This blog is going to be my record of my journey for my second Bachelor's. This time, a BFA (instead of a BA) at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.

So, I'm going to make it a point to start scanning more of my sketches and analog work and not doing anything to my digital work and posting stuff up.

However, since Eve and I have realized that art, culture, and politics are so tightly wrapped up together, there is no separating the two. So there will be posts about political stuff and cultural events, as well as art, and especially posts concerning all three.

Well, for the first post, I guess I had better post some sort of art. Here is a silhouette of some plant/human hybrid I did for a warm-up. It's inspired partly by Bushroot from Darkwing Duck, as well as this plant thing in a Superman comic I read, and from the environment of the Fallout computer game.

No comments: