Sunday, July 25, 2010

7/25/10


In lieu of a digital painting, here is a craft project I made today at work.  

Today at work I decided to make a Edward Cullen inspired paper bag sock monkey while I was demoing PS' Paper Bag Sock Monkey kit.  Why I decided to do a Edward paper bag when I have no interest in Twilight I have no idea, but I think it's pretty awesome anyway.

I used a Brilliance ink pad to give him a bit of "sparkle" (in retrospect I should have used it before I put the face on...), and then I also put him in a blue jacket or sorts (with flipped-up lapels seen in the last photo) that I found when I was looking up reference for him.  I added little breast pockets and cuff straps and used snaps for the buttons. 

The hair I cut by hand with scissors, and I used a #2 Red micron for the lettering and did a fill with the new watercolor pencils.

I probably could have spent more time on the sign (so it's not all squished on the bottom), but alas the store was getting busy and I wanted to get it done.

And btw, if you want to buy some cool sock monkey kits for some kids you know you can head over to Paper Source to pick up everything you need here to make your own inspired sock monkey paper bag thing.

Btw, if you are wondering what paper colors I used, it was lake for the jacket (although I might do night if I make another one), cement for the snaps and t-shirt, the eyes, mouth, ears, and hands were all part of the kit (as was the bag), and I used Platinum Planet Brilliance ink for the "sparkle."  I still say vampires should burn to death in the sunlight, but whatever.

No comments: