Sunday, May 1, 2011

Live painting

Boy do I love live painting!  I did this tonight at a fundraiser event for Japan.  I titled it "The Spirit of Japan Moving Forward" or something like that.  I actually don't remember the exact name, and some person will end up taking it home (at a super, super discount, I might add). Total paint time (for an 18x24) was about 3 hrs.

I did this with spraypaint, acrylic, and ink on a 6 ft x 8 ft movable wall at Big Umbrella for the Cobalt opening on April 14th.  It was super fucking cold out, and I think it helped get me sick.  Managed to bang this out in about 1.5-2 hrs.

Anyway, I really enjoy live painting.  I look forward to many more opportunities to do my thing live.  Fn fun stuff!

2 comments:

Xiau-Fong Wee said...

Your paintings are looking great Rick!
Really like these, especially the demon bird creature!

Rick Kitagawa said...

Thanks for stopping by Xiau-Fong! Glad you like the demon bird thingy!