Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lameness with lack of travel

It saddens me a bit to think that I'm practically the only one out of my group of friends from college that hasn't visited any of my other friends who have been sprinkled throughout (although a bit generously in New York) around the country.

I'm also one of the few friends (Eve being the other) that hasn't made it out to visit my old roommate who is now living in Shanghai.

Granted, we're probably the only ones in school who are still working retail to barely pay for rent, food, and art supplies, but it does raise the question of where my priorities in life are.

I have been incredibly lucky to have a group of friends who understand how hard it is for me to find time to get out and visit/hang out (especially when it involves a trip that lasts more than a few hours). Whether I was running a theater group or going to school/working 7 days a week, they've understood that I don't have the luxury of taking a few days off and flying out someplace.

I'm trying to start up a business (multiple businesses, actually) and it sucks, but it seems to take up all my time. So, basically, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who is still my friend even after the years (holy crap!) of not seeing each other, or me not hanging out with people even in the Bay for months on end.

It does make me wonder if I'll ever really "have time" though. If it's not acting, then it's art, or writing, or organizing a craft fair, or working on a design project, or illustrating, or redesigning a website or (eventually) having book signings and gallery openings. I guess I just have to make time, then.


Anyway, on a bit more cheerful note, I finally picked up Issue 18 of Hyphen, where my illustration stands happily (if not totally proudly) on page 16. Woo!!!

No comments: