Sunday, November 23, 2008

Paper Source - done...kinda

So today was my last day working at Paper Source on Fillmore. It's been a long, awesome ride in which I've made tons of friends, some great connections, and figured out about my passion for customer service and wedding invitations.

I'm not 100% done, as I might still come back to run some of the workshops for Fillmore (especially the wedding invitation one!) but I'll no longer be a regular employee. It's a bit sad, as it's been a major constant for the past two years of my life. Granted, I've recently only been there one day a week, but the customer interaction and such awesome frickin' coworkers-turned friends kept me coming back even though I've been doing 30+ hours a week at Minted.

I will be stopping by on occasion to hang out at the Source, buy my microns there, and keep updated on all the work gossip. I'm glad I'm still friends with Sourcers, both present and past, and that makes me happy, so I'm not too torn up about leaving.

Anyway, my last weekday at Minted will be this Friday (I'll be on Saturdays through December, and might stay on as a contractor for kicks) so it's really starting to hit me that I have to get my shit together for Little Yeti. And finish my finals for school. And deal with the distraction of Wrath of the Litch King. But now my livelihood (and Eve's, in a way) depends on Little Yeti. A special thanks goes out to my partner of my life who is ever encouraging and supporting of my huge leap of faith. Aishteruyo, bu-chan, and honto ni arigatou.

Well, time to get back to work and the beginning of a new chapter in my life.

Gotta do it with a "DON!"

No comments: