Sunday, March 1, 2009

Zombie Wedding

So I don't think I posted this before (sorry if I have), but this is my Watercolor final project from last semester. I think it's some 25-30 hours of work, yet it still has a long way to go. I'm thinking of calling this a "study" as a practice go for a huge-ass painting I want to do that'll maybe be more realistic and stuff.

Copyright 2008, Rick Kitagawa. "Zombies versus Wedding." Watercolor on Arches Cold Press Watercolor paper, 18"x24."

On another note, I've decided that I'm going to start listening to my "essential self" more when it comes to art projects.

Hopefully in my "free time" I'll be working on some zombie studies, some cryptid paintings, and trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing next semester. Huzzah.

On a sort of different note, I've been taking classes at the SF Center for the Book. Or I should say this weekend I am taking a 3-day class to get certified to rent time on the Center's Vandercooks! (those are letterpresses for those who don't know). Huzzah! Soon, I will be printing as much shit as I can a)afford and b)make time for. Also, my instructor is Megan Adie, and you totally need to check out this fucking awesome print she did meshing trendy shit with a raging bear. I laughed at this for like 10 minutes the other day and am currently chuckling now that I think about it. "REAL BEAR!!!" he he he...

Anyhoo, off to class to do some book binding and hopefully more printing!

No comments: