Wednesday, February 6, 2008

stockton is lame-sauce

So I was totally going to publish my first oil painting* ever, but I can't find the cable to hook my camera to my computer, and it's too large for my scanner. Poop. But it's in B&W and it's decent (kinda). Anyway, for never taking an actual painting class before, I'm pretty proud of it.

My classes are cool. I can already tell homework is going to get pretty frickin' bananas later on, but for now, I can at least breathe. The worst class is my online one, cuz I feel like I never remember to log in and do all the reading until waaay late. Sigh.

Illustration 1 is pretty cool so far, but we shall see how things go, as the assignments are only going to get crazier.

Also, I totally voted for neither Obama nor Clinton, as I hate the electoral college and believe in voting for who I would actually want to win. That said, I do kinda hope Obama takes it, as I figure the guy (although not that great on policy) can whip up an emotional fervor, which most Americans care about. People too often vote by who seems the coolest or who seems most likely to beat the Republican, rather than by who has the better policies.

I'm still waiting for a queer woman of color to become president. A guy can dream, right?

Anyway, I was checking out Diana's blog, and found this in an older post:

"Forbes’ Misery Measure determines the most miserable cities in the US. They are

  1. Detroit, Michigan
  2. Stockton, California
  3. Flint, Michigan
  4. New York, New York
  5. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  6. Chicago, Illinois
  7. Los Angeles, California
  8. Modesto, California
  9. Charlotte, North Carolina
  10. Providence, Rhode Island"
Now you ask why I'm always a bit sad to tell people I'm from Stockton? And that is why I now live in San Francisco.

No comments: